Sunday 16 February 2014

recent treats...

hey! so i've been really good lately and not even touched my bank card in ages! then i slipped and well...this happened. (over the past month or so but still, i'm meant to be saving for a car!) i wanna kick myself every time i buy something but it's just so hard to save every penny and i just couldn't resist picking these things up over the last month or two!


i adore this top from primark. i think i paid £6 for it in the sale and got it in a few sizes up so it was slightly oversized on me. i love the floral detail and the collar. so cute and i think i'll get a lot of wear out of this right through spring and summer.


this chunky gold necklace is from boohoo. i paid £8 which i think is pretty good! i've been wearing this with pretty much everything - it's so simple but adds a bit extra to a plain outfit.

i also spotted this cute cath kidston style notebook in home bargains today! they had this pink spotty one and a few different floral ones practically identical to cath kidston and for less than half the price! i love making lists. to do lists, shopping lists, 'to read' book lists...it goes on and on. i've already filled a few pages of this notebook and i only bought it this afternoon! i may have to go back and buy the other designs.


on wednesday i ventured into York which was absolutely lovely despite the horrific weather and the worry of whether or not we would be able to get the train back with the flooding and things. i had a good old look around the cath kidston shop while i was there and picked up this lanyard for my keys to help me try find them a bit easier in my bag as i always think i've lost them! i love the cute little bird design and i think i only paid a few £s for this which is a bargain considering how long i'll probably use this for.


today i also picked up the famous aussie three minute treatment. i got the 'take the heat' one as i straighten my hair most days and i hate the feeling of the ends of my hair going dry and horrid, a nightmare when i'm trying to grow my hair! hopefully this will keep those dry ends at bay and i won't have to trim them off. a while back i also bought these two lipsticks from mac. 'captive' and 'girl about town.' i love both of these shades, i think they both suit my pale skin tone and give me a nice pop of colour when i need it. i love plum shades and deep pinky purple colours at the moment. i think they're a good colour to use during these wintery months, especially on paler skin, and i would recommend both these shades to anyone looking for something similar!


i picked this barry m nail polish up the other week for my friends birthday and loved it so much i had to buy myself one too! it's one of the sequin nail effects polishes and i chose the baby pink one with different coloured glitter in it. it's so nice!


finally i just had to buy this movie on dvd. i saw 'About Time' when it first came out at the cinema and went in to the showing thinking it would probably be either totally awful or kinda okay. how wrong i was! i honestly think this is up there with all my favourite films ever! such a cute film with lots of twists and turns in it. it's a bit weepy at points but also made me smile a lot too. i watched it the other night with my mum and she loved it too. also i just love Rachel Mcadams and want to have her face a teeny little bit.



and that's it! i really need to be good and not spend any more of my wages because i have a week off work in march and i'm wanting to have my car bought by then so i can spend my holiday driving round new places and doing different things! have you treated yourself to anything nice lately? xo

No comments:

Post a Comment