Thursday 30 January 2014

Ten things I couldn't live without.

hey! i've been reading a lot of these 'ten things i couldn't live without' blog posts recently and i really enjoy reading them as everyone has a different list. i decided to do one of my own but apologies for lack of pictures to go with the writing - i've had trouble uploading images so am going to try add them tomorrow!


1. slipper socks! i have a ridiculous amount of slipper socks. they're perfect for me as i have a condition called raynauds which is basically where the blood struggles to flow properly to my extremities, meaning i have icey cold hands and feet all year round! so when i come home from work i stick a pair of slipper socks on the radiator, jump in the shower and then when I'm out they're all warm and toasty to put on. i don't think there's anything that beats that feeling!

2. my macbook, iPhone and iPod. ahhh technology. need i say more?! my iPhone and iPod are two things i carry around with me everywhere i go. my macbook is my prize possession! i bought it in a spur of the moment kinda thing last year and i haven't looked back since. though i sure was skint for a whole month and i mean i literally 0p to my name.

3. moccasin shoes! i have always loved and worn moccasin style shoes for years now. i must own about four or five pairs of practically the same shoes but i just think they're so cute and look good with everything.

4. sam (my dog). my best friend. this guy has a very special place in my heart and i love him so much.

5. perfume. marc jacobs - daisy eu so fresh / victoria's secret - angel are my two go-too fragrances for day time. daisy is an old favourite which i've repurchased many a time for years now. the victorias secret angel perfume is something i picked up whilst in new york last october and shot straight up in to my top three perfumes! it just smells so so good.
 my third favourite is more of an evening or special occasion perfume which is the jimmy choo fragrance. this smells devine and i always get compliments when i wear it. it's a little stronger than what i'd usually go for smell wise which is why i think i prefer wearing it to go 'out out' and what not. 

6. tartan scarf. i. love. my. tartan. scarf. ohhh my gosh so a few years back i was on the hunt for the perfect tartan scarf. i was slowly running out of hope after a couple of months of searching everywhere i could think of until i came across THE nicest scarf in h&m. i snapped it up instantly and it's basically the only scarf i've really worn since. i think i got it in 2011?! and it's still my favourite. it's super thick and warm and long and i love just throwing it on with anything. perfect to battle the great british weather in!

7. a nice cup of tea. oh come on do i really need to explain this further?! (yorkshire, tetley or earl grey is my fav.)

8. hand cream. if anyone works in an environment with food and drinks like myself you'll feel my pain about how dry your hands get after a shift at work! i find even more so in winter when my skin is drier that my hands just turn horrible, flakey and sore. ouch! i tend to pick up hand creams that are for very dry skin or anything that is advertised as 'intensive' as my skin really needs it! at the moment i'm using a palmers intensive hand cream which is working a treat, and smells amazing too.

9. baths. now, i'm usually a shower person on a day to day basis however once in a while i do love to treat myself to a nice long bath. if i'm running a bath i always have to add something to the water or i just find them boring! my favourite things to use are the radox bath foams or pretty much anything bath related from Lush. i love my baths to be full of nice smelling bubbles and colourful water, but relaxing at the same time. it's nice to set the scene a bit too and add some little candles, dim the lights and have a good book at hand or some music to listen too.

10. my kobo. this is something i carry everywhere with me. i bought it last year as a treat to myself and it's one of the best things i've ever bought. i chose the kobo over the more well known kindle as with kobo's you can join local libraries and download e books from them. so instead of having to purchase every single book you want to read you can download library books for free for just under a month which i think is genius! when i got my kobo i bought the 'glo' version, it was a little more expensive than the original kobo but it's glow feature is something that comes in handy if i'm reading on the metro too or from work when it's dark, or if i'm reading in bed before i go to sleep etc. 


and there you have it, my top ten things i couldn't live without. (okay in reality i could live without all of these things but shhh that's not the point of this tag!)

what are some favourite things in your life? are any of yours the same as mine?

xo

1 comment:

  1. my dog would definitely be on my list too!! love her to bits!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete